8.31.2005

An eclipse ??? Not yet ...

have a guess?

It's almost my favorite car... :)

Lili is desperately searching for an Eclipse in France, but she’s getting persuaded that they just DON'T exist here! The closest she could approach to a Mitsubishi machine was this Lancer, which I could say that it’s “ordinary” here, compared to Eclipses… I mean, she saw 3 or 4 of them since she’s living in France, against 0 Eclipses!!!

However, such oil crisis made me already give up about 4x4, and if I keep caring that much, I’ll end to give up about such machine parked in my garage as well... I’m really not that sort of radical ecologist and I confess I’m a cars’ fan, a big one. Even though, I have currently bad conscious when I think about turning on car’s air conditioning system and believe me, weather in Europe it can be much hotter than in Brazil. My trips by car can get worst than my 45 minutes by bus to return from university in BH…

As I need to drive 30km to go to work and 30 to come back home, my oil’s consummation raised enormously. At the beginning, my husband had bugged me about going to work by feet. But if I really get to turn into an experienced trekker, I’ll think seriously about it! It’s a pity but living in the country I got more serious problems with public transport than living in BH! Just to buy some bread we get 15 minutes by car… It’s a paradox but the decision to live in such piece of paradise requires me to generate a lot of pollution!

Anyway, I keep crossing fingers really firm that even Eclipses will have the right to have an alternative energy model!