8.31.2005

Do you like to read?

Yes, I do. And it’s my way to go out when it’s rainy … Sure, I’d rather go trekking outside and breath a bit of fresh air than stay at home but when I have no choice, I prepare a mint tea sweetened with some honey (often offered by my grandpa :), I kidnap a pullover from mi teddy bear, and so I can stay reading till the sun decides to appear again.

My favourite books are the ones which are able to make emotions come out while I’m reading. My very favourite books are the ones which are able to put a smile in my face even if I’m not reading, but just thinking about it! They are not essentially amusing but subtle, sweetly or even particularly realists.

So, from inside Aline's box I bring some suggestions for the courageous enough to ready the same things than Lili! ;)

# Métaphysique des Tubes - Amélie Nothomb (novel)
# Stupeur et Tremblement - Amélie Nothomb (novel)
# Life of Pi - Yann Matel (novel)
# Citoyen du Monde - Carlos Ghosn (biography)
# Desert Flower - Waris Dare (biography)
# The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen Covey (business, leadership)
# The Gift of Fear - Gavin De Becker (self defence - astonished ? :)

Hey, sure! You must be thinking that I'm in France so I should be enjoying the great classic French authors... but I do! So I suggest you to try these:
# Les Misérables - Victor Hugo (novel - too classic? :) That's why I read it in Portuguese! And it was quite complex, as I was 12 years old)
# Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert (novel)
# Troi Contes - Gustave Flaubert (tale)
# Le Horla - Maupassant (tale)
# Vol de Nuit - Saint Exupéry (novel)

3 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Puxa!!! Vc realmente gosta de ler. Porém o que mais me impressiona é ver o quanto vc está fluente no inglês! :) Noto que vc continua bastante esforçada, e cada vez mais.
Bjos

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Aline Andro said...

Oi Eliseu!
Obrigada pelos elogios! :)
E verdade que aqui eu aprendi a dedicar um pouco mais de tempo à leitura. Foi a maneira que eu encontrei para aprender o francês e não esquecer o inglês. E claro, a televisão me ajudou muito também!
Espero ver você de novo por aqui, visitando meu blog!
Abraço apertado,
Aline

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Bonjour Aline Andro, mon nom est Maryse. que j'aime votre blog, je voudrais voir encore plus. J'ai un lien à ma photo préférée là. Au revoir

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home